1. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, cover, and let sit for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld.
Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils
2. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Rinse the lentils and add them to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 - 25 minutes, or until tender. Cool under cold water.
3. Use a mandolin to thinly slice the fennel, radishes, spring onion and cabbage. Either use the julienne feature on the mandolin to julienne the celery root, or thinly julienne by hand.
4. Combine the fennel, radishes, spring onion, apple, cabbage, celery root, mint, lentils and lemon juice together in a large bowl. (You should have 2 cups cooked lentils.) Lightly toss with one half of the dressing. Add salt and pepper if needed.
5. Separate the head of lettuce into individual leaves. Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of celery root mixture onto each lettuce leaf and drizzle with 2 - 3 teaspoons additional dressing. Serve.
6. To eat, gently roll and hold in your hand. Eat and enjoy!
The lentils and dressing can both be made up to 3 days ahead.